Saturday, November 3, 2007

A space for a man...

I have been putting a lot of thought into what I would like to do for my Husband's study area. Yesterday when I walked into our new Carolina Herrera I was struck by how masculine and modern feeling the shop was. As you can tell from my photos (sorry...i took them on my mobile) the lighting was very dim, it was only 1 pm. The shop had a modern gentleman's club feel to it with warm wooden paneling and recessed television screens flashing images of C.H. Jr in beautiful C.H. clothing. I was struck by how different the interior of the shop is compared to both Carolina Herrera and her daughter's private residences. I suppose you have to design with your clients in mind.
On a more feminine note,if you are a girl who loves presentation when it comes to your purchases like I do, I have to say they have beautiful packaging. I am a big believer in packages that look as though they are gifts... all this was missing was black satin ribbon. Anywho, if any of you happen to be in the San Diego area around say next weekend, you may want to stop into the store and see the the Mother-Daughter style duo in person as they celebrate the Grand Opening of the stores San Diego location.

2 comments:

Style Court said...

Thanks for sharing! Is that red/black geometric tissue in a red gift box? Thw chair looks pretty great too.

Mackenna said...

it is red, black, and silver CH's on the tissue and box cover. the silver has interesting brown tint to it that doesn't come across in the photo making it almost appear coppery up close.