Thursday, November 8, 2007

Swatch This

OK it took me awhile to get into World of Interiors. I dunno their format just didn't really call to me. However, the more and more I get to know the publication the more I enjoy it for their particular artistic value. One of their greatest features are their fabric swatch displays. They are always creatively constructed and make it interesting instead of seeing the usual squares of textile. This month they have blown me away with their swatch portraits. Amazing! I don't know if you can tell that these are constructed from fabrics, from the photos, but that is what is kind of brilliant about them. I thought it was an article on paintings at first. So beautiful, I wish I could make fabric boards like this for class.

1 comment:

Style Court said...

I so agree about their inspired swatch features.