Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Big Week

So far this week I have got a new (to me) car, and actually taken steps away from just being an overly critical house-wife to having an actual career of some sort in the design field. Today I went to look at a school and had a meeting with an admissions counselor. It means four more years of school, and a drastic change of majors (political science is kind of like interior design) but I have a lot of time on my hands anyway so no big deal. I am excited to be moving into a career path that I think I can be happy in and away from one that was really bumming me out. Other big things this week include a trip to Las Vegas for the weekend.
In other news... If you haven't picked up the Spring edition of In Style Homes the Ruthie Sommers fans out there may want to thumb through. There is a feature on Ruthie's eclectic style and why it works. The other stand out for me in this issue was Darren Randall's L.A. Home. Really lovely mix of fresh graphic flocked fabrics, bright colors, and beautiful traditional architectural features.

2 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Yes, I loved the photos of Sommer's house. And in the home of Darren Ransdell, I really liked that red hallway- reminded me of Albert Hadley's home!

Style Court said...

Good luck with your new path!