Saturday, April 28, 2007

Von Fabulous

In the nineties the Miller sisters were "it" girls of the New York and international social scene. Two out of three married princes (technically), the third marrying an oil heir. Fast forward to now, two out of three are amicably divorced, one retains the title of princess, and all three seem to have begun to lead more of a private and/or quiet lifestyle. That being said, my favorite of the three, Alexandra Miller von Furstenberg is featured in this May's Vogue. In the article they take a look at Alexandra's home in L.A., that she shares with her two children. It seems like a clean, bright, laid-back Californian space, which by the tone of the article is what Alexandra was seeking after leaving both a gossip laden New York and "dark" London. What caught my attention most was the interesting fireplace treatment that Alexandra had schemed up. She placed huge glass diamonds on black boxes within each fireplace. This is so random but I think it looks really pretty, and I'm thinking of stealing her idea as I came across some big glass diamonds the exact same day I read the article ...design destiny I tell you!

3 comments:

a. said...

I saw that article too and thought, oh the good old days, the nineties when the Miller Sisters were "the" socialites along with Aerin Lauder, Brooke De Ocampo, Marina Rust, and the other "Bright Young Things" ruled NYC...great, now I feel really old! I remember living in the city and loving to hate them at MoMA Junior Associates events.

I love those big diamonds from Bombay & Co. Great find. Like you said, must be destiny!

The Peak of Chic said...

Haven't had a chance to look through my Vogue, but now I'm excited. Can't wait to see the photos of the diamonds in the fireplaces.

Mackenna said...

it was so unexpected (both the article and the firplace deal) loved it. Vogue is always great for that, the element of surprise.