Monday, April 16, 2007

"Can you just be whelmed?"

I think you can in Europe.

I am watching this special program "Homes of Paris," on HGTV. Maybe I just haven't had enough Tab Energy this morning, but I am so not feeling it. These places are by far and away running circles around my hovel, however, I haven't seen anything that would make me want to devise a plot to assume the identity of the owner, whom I had locked in the wine cellar, so I could live in their place. I was really excited to see Prosper and Martine Assouline's place and then kind of bummed. I was waiting for a phenomenal library because let's face it if my last name were Assouline I would have a pretty spiffy collection of livres. I suppose they don't like to bring work home with them. One of the more amusing apartments had to be completely gutted starting with the drop ceiling. I just have a hard time picturing a drop ceiling existing in Paris. It just seems wrong and unnatural. Maybe I am putting French taste and style on a pedestal. Anywho still worth a watch because after all you never know what will inspire you.

No comments: