Monday, October 22, 2007

Evacuation Destination


UPDATE: we are safe and sound, and were allowed back into our neighborhood. Luckily nothing to worry about although some of our friends didn't have quite the same luck. So please continue to keep Southern California in your thoughts and send positive thoughts this way.

So me and my new chair along with various sundry valuables that we could pack in the cars(wedding photos and dress, out of print books, paintings, dog and last but not least my Husband) followed a mandatory evacuation from our neighborhood to avoid the fires. Hopefully this will get cleared up as soon as possible, they say at most three days (damned Santa Ana's). But I guess the good news is I guess I won't be taking that History of Interiors exam tomorrow.
Anyways just wanted to say that I hope all of you in Southern California are staying safe and remember that things can be replaced but you and your loved ones cannot.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20071022-1224-bn22fire4.html

3 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Good luck and be safe!!! We are all thinking of you and everyone else who are affected by the terrible fires.

Mackenna said...

thanks for thinking of us that is so kind :)

Style Court said...

So glad you are safe! This seems pretty trivial in comparison, but re the Michelle Nussbaumer tree, please do your own version! I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm having technical probs with the cake photo anyway.