Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Age of Innocence

Let me begin by saying, I love Kelly Wearstler. Last night she got all Victorian on us with her puffed sleeves. In this photo from Bravo's website she looks like she could be a sassy turn of the century governess. This ensemble more than any of the other's she has debuted on the show really made me giggle when I saw it. Sometimes I think she is trying to make the contestants laugh so that she can get cross with them. OK, but seriously, even though it made me giggle I kind of loved it all at the same time. I really appreciate that she applies the same sense of the unexpected to the way she looks, that she applies to her interiors. I also love that she has the verve to wear some of that stuff, totally defiant, and challenging. I don't know if I could wear some of that stuff out of the house, but hey I don't look like Kelly either. Anywho, it totally amuses me and to be honest I more look forward to seeing what Kelly will wear (and how Margaret Russell will react, if at all) then to the rooms the contestants turn out.
In addition to Kelly's take on the Gibson girl, yesterday one of my fave movies was on telly, Oscar Wilde's, The Importance of Being Earnest. If Top Design were filmed live I might be tempted to say Kelly had watched it also and had been inspired. OK now this is so silly but wouldn't Oscar Wilde and Kelly Wearstler be really fun dinner party guests together? I imagine lots of Lillet, lots of high fashion, lots of wit, and roaring with laughter all evening in the garden.

2 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

A little over the top, I am thinking!

Style Court said...

Great observations :) I also love The Importance of Being Earnest.