Monday, March 26, 2007

Men and Their televisions, and Other Stories of Heartbreak from the 'Burbs


Does anyone understand why men feel that for a room to be complete there must be a TV the size of an IMAX in it? I just saw this lady sell tons of her personal cherished items (heirloom jewelry box, Tiffany lamp, etc) so essentially her husband could get a big TV. Would he have sold any of his stuff for that awesome antique Gustavian daybed she wanted? (Hypothetical). Men...
In other news, we went to see the house on Saturday. It is amazing how deceptive pictures can be, and we'll leave it at that. So apartment life continues, as does the search for a not apartment (anyone know how to make a million dollars quickie quick?).
Onto the new project I am going to start on. Since I live dans une apartment wallpaper is strictly verboten. But I am super in love with Cole & Sons Pompeian wallpaper (through Lee Jofa). Taking a page out of the Nick Olsen handbook, I am going to paint the shower curtain in the pattern. Now I just have to decide which colourway I like best. What do ya'll think?

2 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Just found your site Mackenna. Great blog! My vote is for the lavender-y colorway. Although, both are great so you really can't go wrong. Will you post pics of the end result???

Unknown said...

Anna and I were thinking about this for the foyer before I started painting cherry blossoms. I vote for the lavenderypink one as well (well, duh.)