Friday, March 23, 2007

Zut alors...

Things that can just make the day pass by in an excessively sluggish manner:
1. Lack of reading material. I think the postman has some sort of aversion to my post box or me because things just take forever to find their way to me. Case in point, how bummed was I to see the April issue of Domino a whole two days ago in the grocery and it still hasn't made it into my hot little hands. Same thing with all other publications I subscribe to, so I am always tempted to buy them on newsstand because I just cannot wait the extra week or whatever to see the contents.
2. While completely creative bent running out of the key paint you need to complete your painting, and being stranded at your apartment. (I am totally afraid of driving and get all manic in cars, which somewhat limits my outings until the Husband makes it home in the afternoon to be my driver).
3. Running out of Tab Energy, which may be one of the more genius products ever. While I don't generally advocate energy drinks or any overly processed food/bev product this stuff is, as I previously stated, genius. Guess I have a date with my French press and will be resorting to coffee.

On a bright note it is Friday. Where did that come from? Seriously when I woke up today I thought it was Wednesday, then again I apparently thought there were spiders on the ceiling. My Husband related to me on the phone how while half awake I started shrieking about spiders. That is what he gets for trying to converse with me at 4:30 in the AM. I can't be held accountable for what I say while not completely conscious, after all.
Tomorrow will be exciting because we are going to look at a house. The place needs a lot of work but I think it could be fun and has a lot of potential if one is willing to put in the work to make the needed updates. It was built in 1975 and if I had to guess has only seen a couple of owners. The lawn is impeccable, which really makes me happy because it seems like people with well-maintained gardens generally have well-maintained homes. We shall see...

2 comments:

Style Court said...

I so empathize with number 1 on your list! Good luck with the house.

Mackenna said...

It did end up coming in the mail yesterday however my dog decided he wanted to pee on it... curses i had to buy it to replace the other anyway.